Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Primary Children's Medical Center

When Jackson was born we had some strange issues with his circumcision, so yesterday we went to have those problems resolved. It was nice to go and have things taken care of, but it was a long and wearing day. Marc wasn't able to go with me, so I was very grateful for my Dad's help.

We had to arrived at 7:45 am, we then waited for 2 1/2 hours before they actually took him in for surgery. The doctor came and told us about the procedure and then said, "If you are ready I'll take him now." It seemed strange to just hand him off to someone and leave the room. I thought we would at least get to be with him until he was "put under". About 45 minutes later the doctor returned with good news and I was able to go in and be with him. He woke up quickly, but was fussy and tired. He slept in my arms for the next couple hours and then they sent us home. He is heavily medicated, but seems to be doing very well...a little loopy at times, but good. We are glad to have the day beind us!



Also, this outfit he is wearing is the hospital clothes...not his PJ's. I thought he looked pretty cute! :)

11 comments:

erin said...

How sad! I'm glad he's doing better though! I can't believe he's almost a year! Do you have plans for his big 1st birthday?
Oh, and he looks dang cute in his little swim shorts!!! He's a handsome little devil!

Ryan and Brittney said...

Mich--I did some warm-up training last week, but this week I started my real training for the sprint triathlons. I have an 8 week schedule that I will follow which tells me what to do each day. I really like this training because while it is challenging, it gives variety to workouts with some being swimming, some running, some biking, and other days a combination of two of them. I will feel ready in August. I believe I will do one either in August or September....my weak link without a doubt is swimming due to never having been on a swim team. I just don't feel comfortable with the technique (I read about it on the internet and try to watch videos of swimming meets in an attempt to teach myself, but because I can't watch myself so I don't know if I really am doing it right). Any attempt to get someone to teach me has come up short unfortunately, so we will see how it goes--I am hoping that when I come to Utah Nick or Chad (or Jackson possibly) could help critique my efforts a little.

Liz said...

oh!! that would be so hard to just hand him over! i'm glad everything went well!

Cortney said...

Any time your child is in the hospital, planned or unexpected, has to be tough! You're a strong mommy! I'm glad to hear that eveything went well.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad your dad was able to come with and be there to help out. It's always hard to watch your little one have to go through something they just don't understand. Sounds like Jackson was a trooper!

Kara said...

Michelle-First you are such a cute mom! I hope your little guy is doing better. I bet it feels good to have that day over with.

Lyssa Beth said...

OH so sad! I hope he is doing better! That is so traumatizing for little kids. But I think it helped that you were there the whole time. And his PJs were really cute! The hospital should do a line or something

Alisa said...

Oh My!! I haven't checked your blog for a long time for some reason.....looks like the summer has been fun!!!! Get ready for softball!! I hope you guys are coming!!

Hannah said...

Poor little guy!!

Amy said...

How's Jackson doing now that it is almost 2 weeks later? Hopefully he is fully recovered--did the surgery affect him very much? Hope you are all doing well!

melis & aaron said...

mich.

where have you been?!?!?

this is sooo unlike you to not be a bloggin' queen for this long?

how's little jackson doing? you? marc eee marc? hmmm...i'd like to know, joe blow.
love melis