Sunday, July 08, 2007

THE BIG ONE!


Jackson's early Birthday Party!


Since Marc works until late tomorrow night and my parents are getting ready to leave on their trip it seemed easiest to celebrate Jackson's birthday tonight. So we invited some friends and family over for a little celebration. We had fun opening gifts and eating cake. Jackson wasn't as interested in opening the gifts as we were in giving them, but nonetheless, we still had fun. We let him dig his hand into the birthday cake and get the first taste, he seemed very interested in the curly-q's on the cake. We all enjoyed watching Jackson and his little friends play. We had Chad and Sarah's little girl, Audrey; Jen and Nic's son, Spencer; and Sarah and Bryce's son, Blake. They we very cute together. We only wish is uncles' Ryan and Craig could have been here to celebrate their twiner birthday's with him! I was glad that I was able to tie the decorations in with the cake, with a bit of last minute creativity. We gave all the little kido's party favor bags, filled with Gerber Graduates snacks (what more could a little Toddler want?). The party was a success, it is only hard to believe that Jackson is really ONE! Crazy how time has flown by. It has been a fun year and we are definitely glad to have Jackson in our small family. :) Here are some fun pictures for the party. Jackson getting ready to open gifts!

I decided to start the tradition of making cakes for birthday's. This was my first cake ever! I've never even attempted making a cake and I was quite pleased with how this one turned out. I had to form all the little curly-q's by hand and then make the cake etc. It was fun and not nearly as hard as I though it was going to be.
Cute kids in their party hats!

Jackson opening his gifts.

The PArTy!
Launching Balloons!

11 comments:

melis & aaron said...

oh my goodness! well worth the wait!!!!

Happy Birthday Jackson!!!!!!! I can't believe he is already a year old...TODAY!!!!

And...can we take a time out and realize what an incredible cake that was?!??! So, you have to let me in on the secret...how on earth did you create those AWESOME curly things???

too cute. you've outdone yourself, sweet michelle. Party bags...even the cups were decorated! These details I appreciate so much! :) GOOD POST! SOO MUCH FUN!!!

Liz said...

i can not believe he's already one! how crazy! time goes by so quickly!! i also want to know how you did the curly q's. the cake looks amazing! how fun! we'll see you guys soon!

Cortney said...

That is the coolest, cutest cake I have seen! I am totally impressed, Michelle. You did such a great job! I too would like to know just how you did it...

And I send my hugs and tears for the sentimental moment of reaching this milestone--the first birthday of your first baby, I get choked up over it now after experiencing it for myself just last month. I'm such a mom!

Love the pictures, love the post...Oh, and love the hats too! Everything matched so well...the gifts, the cake, the hats--what a wonderful birthday!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I love the cake Michelle! Very cute! We were thinking of getting Susie that exact same activity table. What does Jackson think of it? I was concerned that she was already too much into the phase of liking those sorts of things and wouldn't be entertained by it for too much longer. You'll have to let me know how Jackson reacts to it.

Camie said...

Michelle--
That is a big crowd for a little one year old! So glad Jackson had so many people to celebrate with!! And your cake is AMAZING!! You are so artistic--I love it.

erin said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! I was thinking about his birthday this morning and was so excited to already see a post! Congrats on the one year milestone! It's crazy, huh!?!
I love the cake. Are the curly q's made out of frosting? You've got to let me in on the secret. I've got Brianna's one year party to plan!!!
Anyway, well done! It looked like so much fun!

Jessica Davis said...

So fun Michelle! The cake looked amazing. What a lucky little boy to have such a fun birthday!

Alisa said...

How Cute!! Wish we could've been there! I can't believe you made that cake!! Why to go Michelle....did you really make each of those curls individually? What with?!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the cake you made! It's amazing! Have you done this before or are you just teaching yourself? I'm seriously impressed!

Andrew got the Fisher Price barn for his first birthday as well- it's a fantastic toy!

Kara said...

I hadn't realized that Jackson was born the same day as Craig and Ryan. How crazy is that. It looks like you had a great party. Great job on the cake, and the wrapping was also very cute for the presents.

Sarah C. said...

Love the pictures! Loved the party! Thanks for having us come! Blake loved the party favors too! That was so cute of you. It was a perfect first birthday for Jackson. Good, work Michelle!!